Tomato Shrimp Spaghetti Pasta is easy and delicious meal for lunch or dinner. Suitable for busy people but want to make healthier food at home.
Hello! I share spaghetti recipes because my sisters and I have been craving it so much lately. Pasta and tomato (pomodoro) sauce are my all time favorite, especially bolognese sauce. For you who loves seafood and pasta, shrimp and spaghetti with tomato sauce are perfect combination for your dinner menu!
In this recipe I used tomato paste for main ingredients, oyster sauce, oregano, chili sauce, and lemon zest.
There are several reasons why I use tomato paste.
- First reason is because fresh tomato we can find in our local supermarket is not suitable for pasta sauce because of its more seeds and more water content. Whereas the ideal kind of fresh tomatoes for pasta sauce is roma and san marzano tomato. Those kind varieties have meaty texture, fewer seeds, less water content, and sweeter flavour.
- Second reason is we can’t find good canned tomatoes that goes well with pasta or pizza. If we can find imported one from Italy, it will be quite expensive.
To make this recipe, sauté chopped onion in a pan with medium heat. Stirring until soft and translucent. Then add finely chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add tomato paste to the pan and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Then add shrimp and stir to combine for 1 minutes. Add cooked spaghetti pasta and pasta water then stir.
For the sauce, add oregano, chili sauce, oyster sauce, and lemon zest. Lemon zest gives freshness and lemony flavor to this dish. Adjust with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and tomato shrimp spaghetti pasta is ready to serve!
This recipe is not authentic and I create with ingredients I like. So I hope you can enjoy it as much as I do.
I hope this recipe inspire you to make it at home and have perfect dinner with the loved ones!
Tomato Shrimp Spaghetti Pasta
- 200 g Peeled Shrimp
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 4 portion Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 cups Pasta Water
- 2 tbsp Chili Sauce (optional but recommended)
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Lemon Zest from 1 Lemon
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
Cook spaghetti pasta according to package direction but reduce cooking time by 1 minute. Save 2 cups pasta water to another bowl.
In a pan sauté chopped onion with oil until onion is soft and translucent. Then add garlic and stir for 1 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir for 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook only for 1 minutes.
Add cooked spaghetti pasta, pasta water, chili sauce, oyster sauce, oregano, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
Add black pepper and salt to your taste. Garnish with chopped parsley
Tomato Shrimp Spaghetti Pasta is ready to serve.