This Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe takes only less than 20 minutes to serve! Fresh Crisp-broccoli and succulent slice beef, complete out in a savory sauce. Serve with rice, It’s a dish that’s sure to please
I really love stir fries, quick and easy that’s appetizing and flavorful. some of my favorites include Beef Mushroom bok coy, Chicken bell pepper, Meatball vermicelli, and now this delicious Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
Succulent Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a classic Chinese-American style dish that never goes out of style. It’s a simple yet satisfying combination of tender beef, crisp broccoli, and a savory sauce that comes together in a quick, matter of minutes. With its balance of protein, fiber, and nutrients, it’s also a healthy and delicious meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights, lazy weekends, or back-to-school season.
It’s not hard to see why – this dish is a perfect balance of simple ingredients with a savory sauce that is both flavorful and satisfying. What’s more, it’s quick and easy to prepare, it’s also a great way to use up any leftover veggies you have in the fridge.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make this classic dish, succulent beef, and broccoli stir fry at home, so you can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal at home.
Why do Beef and broccoli make such a perfect combination?
Beef and broccoli a popular dishes that make a perfect combination not only because they taste delicious together, but also because they provide a range of important nutrients and potential health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of this perfect combination:
- Protein: Beef is a rich source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, supporting a healthy immune system, and maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails. Broccoli is also a good source of protein, which helps to balance out the meal and provides a complete protein source.
- Fiber: Broccoli is an excellent source of fiber, which is important for maintaining digestive health, promoting feelings of fullness, and reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. The combination of beef and broccoli in this dish provides a good balance of protein and fiber, which can help to promote overall health and well-being.
- Vitamins and minerals: Broccoli is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. Beef is also a good source of several essential vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and vitamin B12.
A lot of medical benefits
- Antioxidants: Both beef and broccoli contain antioxidants, which can help protect the body against oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Flavor: Beef and broccoli is a flavorful combination that is enjoyed by many people. The savory flavor of the beef is balanced out by the slightly sweet and earthy taste of the broccoli, making for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Overall, beef and broccoli make a perfect combination because they provide a range of essential nutrients and potential health benefits, while also tasting delicious together in a stir fry.
So yea, do you need other convincing reasons to make these delicious, nutritious, and budget-friendly dishes? If not, let’s go jump in to make this succulent beef and broccoli stir fry at home. And a million yes This is really beginner friendly😉 !
Ingredients of Succulent Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef Slice – you can use a tender cut like sirloin, flank steak, tenderloin, or anything you prefer, just make sure thin the beef sliced to ensure that it remains tender after cooking.
- Broccoli– handpicked fresh broccoli, choose crisp heads that are not too large or too small. the main vegetable in the dish, and provides fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Ginger – it has a strong flavor, don’t use too much
- Garlic – adds flavor to the dish
- Sesame Seed– for garnish
- Cooking Oil– to cook the beef and vegetables and adds flavor to the dish
- Soy Sauce– adds a salty and savory flavor to the dish
- Worcestershire Sauce– to add depth and flavor to dishes, especially meat-based dishes
- Sesame Oil– adds depth and richness to the dish, nutty and rich flavor of sesame oil complements the savory and slightly sweet flavors of the dish.
- Sugar, Salt, and Pepper– as seasoning to enhance flavor
- Cornstarch and Water– to give thicken the sauce and give it a glossy appearance
How to Make Succulent Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
As you can see from the picture, it only needs 5 steps in one pan.
- Make stir fry sauce
- Cook broccoli and remove from pan/wok.
- Cook beef
- Add stir fry sauce
- Return broccoli to the pan
Here’s a detailed and long explanation;
First of all, Begin by preparing the ingredients. Cut the beef into thin strips and set aside. Cut the broccoli into small florets and set aside. Mince the garlic and set aside.
Next, prepare with the sauce so later you need to add all the sauce effortlessly. In a bowl, combine all the sauce ( soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper, water) ingredients except cornstarch. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved, and set aside.
Then, In a pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil over medium heat, and sautee broccoli for 3-4 minutes, stirring and tossing often. Transfer the cooked broccoli to a bowl. This step is for making broccoli keep fresh but not tough and hardened
After that, we cook slice beef, Increase heat to high heat. In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil then cook the beef slice until both sides cook through. Transfer to the bowl with the broccoli, leaving any oil behind the frying pan.
After each beef and broccoli is cooked, Turn the heat down to medium, add ginger and garlic, stirring occasionally, and cook for 1 minute.
Add the sauce mixture, simmer for 2 minutes then pour in the cornstarch. Once the sauce is thickened, add beef and broccoli back to the frying pan. Cook for several minutes, then turn off the heat.
For the best result, serve while warm Serve with warm rice and sprinkle it with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Use the right amount of fresh ginger – it has a strong flavor so don’t overdo it.
- Do not skip the sesame flavor as it gives an authentic flavor
- Simmer sauce for at least 3 minutes to mellow out garlic and ginger
- Don’t overcrowd the wok or skillet. Cook the beef and broccoli in batches to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t become soggy.
- Don’t overcook the broccoli. It should be cooked until it is tender but still crisp.
- Add or substitute other vegetables to the stir fry, such as carrots, snow peas, or bell peppers.
- If you like your stir fry spicy, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the dish.
- If you want to make a healthier version of this dish, you can substitute the beef with tofu or chicken and use less oil in the cooking process. Shrimps are fine too
- Serve your stir-fry over warm rice, noodles, or quinoa. You can also use cauliflower rice for a healthier version
Interested to cook this recipe?
Let me know your result by uploading pictures and tagging us on Instagram at Much Butter and Pinterest. Do not forget to see and follow our new Tiktok Account.
For cooking videos, check and subscribe to our Youtube page. you can join our email for the latest idea menus.
Thank you, your supports are so much appreciated 💕
SEE OTHER BEEF MENU VARIATION IDEAS:
Written by Silni Asfia
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb Beef Slice
- 300 g Broccoli
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped/grated
- 3 clove Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seed
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients except cornstarch. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved, and set aside.
In a pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil over medium heat, and sautee broccoli for 3-4 minutes, stirring and tossing often. Transfer the cooked broccoli to a bowl.
Increase heat to high heat. In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil then cook the beef slice until both sides cook through. Transfer to the bowl with the broccoli, leaving any oil behind the frying pan.
Turn the heat down to medium, add ginger and garlic, stirring occasionally, and cook for 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture, simmer for 2 minutes then pour in the cornstarch. Once the sauce is thickened, add beef and broccoli back to the frying pan. Cook for several minutes, then turn off the heat.
Serve with warm rice and sprinkle it with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply