Taste this Beef Schnitzel with Garlic Butter Sauce. A delicious recipe sees perfectly a melt-in-your-mouth beef with a crunchy crumb coating and served with a creamy garlic butter sauce. Enjoy a winning dinner menu for the family, try our easy recipe today!
What makes this beef schnitzel so delectable? A crispy, cheesy panko breadcrumb-coated beef with a mouthwatering filling of garlic and cheese that melts with the warmth of the oven to create a meal that’s complex, but fulfilling. Drizzle the schnitzels with the tasty homemade garlic butter sauce, sprinkle with fresh parsley add a squeeze of lemon, and serve it up with a mouth-watering side dish. Dinner’s never been so delicious!
The Origin of Schnitzel
“Schnitzel,” often spelled as “schnitzel,” is a breaded and fried cutlet of meat that is popular in various parts of the world. It is particularly well-known in German-speaking countries and Austria. The word “schnitzel” is derived from the German word “Schnitz,” which means “slice” or “cut.”
The traditional preparation of Schnitzel involves taking a thin slice of veal or pork, pounding it even thinner, coating it with flour, dipping it in beaten eggs, and then coating it with breadcrumbs. It is then pan-fried until golden brown and crispy.
Schnitzel, a thin meat cutlet, pounded until tender and then breaded and fried, you can bread the meat and deep fry it, or you can pan fry it, using it as breading, or simply consume it without the bread. The result is a tender, flavorful cutlet with a crispy, golden exterior.
Schnitzel enthusiasts love to pair this versatile dish with a variety of sides, such as potato salad, French fries, vegetables, or a simple lemon wedge for that extra zing. Its worldwide popularity stems from its delightful, crispy texture, and you can easily customize it to suit your unique tastes and dietary preferences.
isn’t it interesting enough the origin of schnitzel? In today’s recipe, I will cook using beef. So, Join me in the kitchen and discover the exciting array of fresh ingredients we have prepared for a delightful cooking experience for this beef schnitzel with Garlic butter sauce all of them are homemade, and fresh!
Ingredients of Beef Schnitzel with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Tenderloin Steak about 100 g of each cut; Tenderloin contains less fat compared to the sirloin, Tenderloin steak is a very tender and lean cut of beef. For schnitzel, the beef is pounded flat to create a thin cutlet, making it even more tender and perfect for frying.
- All-purpose Flour; for dredging the beef cutlets. It helps the egg wash adhere to the meat and provides a base for the breadcrumbs
- Paprika; adds a mild, smoky flavor and a reddish color to the flour mixture
- Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper; to taste and balancing overall flavour
- Egg lightly beaten; as a binding agent to help the breadcrumbs stick to the meat during the breading process.
- Panko Breadcrumbs; as the last layer to add crispy to the schnitzel
- Olive Oil; for frying the breaded beef cutlets until they’re golden brown and crispy
- Lemon wedges for serve; as a garnish Squeezing lemon juice over the schnitzel adds a fresh, tangy flavor that complements the richness of the dish
Garlic Butter Sauce
- Unsalted Butter; is a key ingredient for the rich and creamy sauce. It adds a luscious, buttery flavor.
- Garlic crushed; since the name of the sauce is garlic butter sauce, of course, we need garlic
- Heavy Cream; make it creamy and luscious. It contributes to the rich and velvety texture of the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese; enhance the sauce’s flavor and add a subtle cheesy note. It also helps thicken the sauce.
- For seasoning I use Italian Seasoning, Onion Powder, Salt, and Black Pepper; enhancing the overall flavor of the garlic butter sauce.
- Fresh Parsley finely chopped; as garnish
Instructions for Beef Schnitzel with Garlic Butter Sauce
Let’s start with making beef schnitzel, here is what you need;
In a bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. First,this seasoned flour mixture will be used for coating the beef schnitzel. Take each piece of tenderloin steak and coat it with the seasoned flour mixture. Next, dip it into the lightly beaten egg wash, ensuring it’s well-covered. Finally, press the steak into the Panko breadcrumbs. This process creates a breadcrumb crust on the beef schnitzel.
Next, place a frying pan on the stove and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Ensure the oil is hot but not smoking. Carefully place the breaded beef schnitzel in the hot oil. Fry each side until it becomes golden brown and crispy, typically for about 2-3 minutes per side. Use tongs to flip and cook the other side.
Once the schnitzel finishes cooking, transfer it to a cooling rack or a plate lined with paper towels. This allows any excess oil to drain, keeping the schnitzel crispy and set aside.
Garlic Butter Sauce
First, cook garlic with butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Second, in a separate pan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat and add the crushed garlic. Then, cook the garlic in the butter for about 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant. Moreover, this step infuses the butter with garlic flavor.
Next, add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens. First, to the butter and garlic, add the remaining sauce ingredients, including heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Then, stir and cook the mixture until the cheese is melted, and the sauce thickens. This creates the delicious garlic butter sauce.
Last but not least, serve immediately with beef schnitzel. Finally, plate the cooked beef schnitzel and drizzle the prepared garlic butter sauce over it. Serve it promptly while it’s still hot and enjoy your homemade Beef Schnitzel with Garlic Butter Sauce.
Do not forget to add a squeeze of lemon, and serve with your choice of steamed seasonal vegetables or salad.
Interested in cooking this recipe?
For cooking videos, check and subscribe to our Youtube page. you can join our email for the latest idea menus.
Thank you, your support are so much appreciated 💕
SEE OTHER STEAK MENU IDEAS:
Beef Schnitzel with Garlic Butter Sauce
- 5 cut Tenderloin Steak about 100 g each cut
- ⅓ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 5 tsp Olive Oil
- Lemon wedges for serve
Garlic Butter Sauce
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley finely chopped
Combine flour with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Dredge the steak respectively with flour mixture, egg wash, and then breadcrumbs.
In a pan fry, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil hot, cook the beef schnitzel until nice and golden. After the beef schnitzel is cooked, rest it on a cooling rack to remove excess oil.
Garlic Butter Sauce
Cook garlic with butter over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thicken.
Serve immediately with beef schnitzel. Enjoy!