Chicken steak with Mushroom sauce is a genius choice for a romantic dinner yet budget-friendly! feel fine dining taste at home! Juicy, pan-seared most tender chicken breasts with creamy mushroom sauce in about 30 minutes.
Are you craving a mouthwatering chicken dish that’s easy to prepare yet sure to impress your taste buds? Look no further! In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making a delectable Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce. This savory dish combines tender chicken breasts with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that will leave you craving for more.
If there is something called a term or nickname, I might be a chicken person lol. Besides my husband loves chicken the most, more than that, chicken is one of the most flexible meats on the earth (together with shrimp).
However, have you ever felt chicken burning out? hahaha excuse my weird term, you know what I mean like chickened out, chicken this, and chicken that. Boring and a regular fried cooked chicken again for dinner. Say no more to bored, actually, I have plenty of chicken menus on my web, feel free to check and recook them.
Say hello to Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce. Easy yet fancy recipe with chicken breast fillet is pan-seared first on a flat skillet, then poured with prepared creamy mushroom sauce. Oh my! The aroma is just undeniable. You have to try it to know how fragrant it is you’ll love the part when you make the mushroom sauce and cook the chicken steak!
Since this chicken steak with mushroom sauce recipe is so easy to prepare, it has become a fabulous addition to our regular dinner rotation.
So, let’s dive right in and learn how to create this delightful Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce!
Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- Chicken Thigh Fillet; This is boneless and skinless chicken thigh meat, known for its tenderness and juicy flavor. It’s often used in various dishes due to its versatility and ability to absorb flavors. Of course, you choose the boneless
- Vegetable Mix; typically consists of a blend of assorted vegetables, such as carrots, peas, corn, and green beans
- French Fries; For the side dish. Also, you can use potato wedges or mashed potato (you can check this recipe; Shepherd’s Pie , for making mashed potato)
Secondly, BBQ Marinating Sauce
- Onion and Garlic; as aromatic and make fragrant
- Tomato Sauce; Acts as a thickening and flavoring agent. Don’t skip it!
- BBQ Sauce; BBQ sauce is a tangy and sweet condiment often used to marinate, baste, or dip meats
- Chili Sauce; It adds heat and flavor to a wide range of dishes.
- Oyster Sauce; for adding a savory and slightly sweet
- Soy Sauce; used to add a salty and savory liquid made from fermented soybeans and wheat
- Brown Sugar; to add sweetness and moisture to recipes.
- Black Pepper, Salt, and Mushroom Seasoning Powder; for flavoring
Third, Mushroom Sauce
- Mushroom Champignon; The best mushrooms to use in cream sauce are any type of fresh, meaty mushrooms that you already enjoy eating. You can’t go wrong with white button mushrooms, cremini, and baby portobellos.
- Cooking Cream; For the creamy element in this cream sauce! Feel free to use whole milk or half and half instead.
- Milk; adds creaminess and moisture to various recipes
- Garlic and Onion; as aromatics
- Unsalted Butter; Use unsalted butter to prevent the sauce from tasting overly salty.
- Black Pepper, Salt, and White Sugar; to enhance flavors
- Mushroom Seasoning; It can enhance the savory taste of dishes.
- Italian Herbs
- Nutmeg; to add depth and aroma
How to Make Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce
To make this chicken steak with mushroom sauce, start by marinating the chicken, making mushroom sauce, and lastly making the chicken steak. let’s start
Marinating the Chicken
First of all, In a mixing bowl, combine all the BBQ Marinating sauce ingredients until they meld into a flavorful harmony.
Second, take your succulent chicken thigh fillets and generously coat them with this marinating sauce magic.
Third, Let this marinate together for at least 30 minutes. This marinating step allows the chicken to soak up the flavors, then set aside.
The Mushroom Sauce
To make the mushroom sauce for chicken steak all you need are;
First, heat up a pan over medium heat and let an unsalted butter melt gracefully. As it sizzles, toss in minced garlic, aromatic onion, and the star of the show, the tender mushroom slices. Sautee this symphony of ingredients until their fragrance fills your kitchen.
Then, pour in the silky combination of cooking cream and milk. Stir gently, allowing them to blend into a creamy chorus.
Next, do not forget to elevate the flavor, Season this creamy ensemble with salt, black pepper, a dash of sugar for balance, a sprinkle of mushroom seasoning for that extra umami, a hint of Italian herbs, and just a pinch of nutmeg for that warm, comforting note. Stir until all these elements are harmoniously combined, and the sauce has thickened to perfection.
Last, turn off the heat and set it aside, ready to be drizzled over the chicken steak.
First thing first, in a separate pan, fire up the grill for your marinated chicken thigh fillets. As you grill them, occasionally brush on the remaining marinade sauce. This not only adds layers of flavor but also keeps the chicken moist and succulent.
Remember, Watch in anticipation as the chicken sizzles and cooks to a beautiful golden hue. Then, flip them with care, ensuring both sides are cooked to perfection.
Secondly, Place these perfectly grilled chicken steaks onto a waiting plate, ready for their grand debut. With the mushroom sauce still fresh in your culinary ensemble, pour it generously over the chicken steaks.
Last, serve your chicken steak with mushroom sauce alongside a vibrant assortment of boiled vegetable mix and crispy french fries and enjoy!
Congratulations! You’ve just created a restaurant-quality Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce that’s bound to impress your family and friends. This dish offers the perfect blend of tender chicken and a creamy mushroom sauce that’s both satisfying and flavorful.
Interested in cooking this recipe?
For cooking videos, check and subscribe to our Youtube page. you can join our email for the latest idea menus.
Thank you, your support are so much appreciated 💕
SEE OTHER STEAK MENU IDEAS:
Chicken Steak with Mushroom Sauce
- 1.1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet
- ½ cup Vegetable Mix garnish
- French Fries garnish
BBQ Marinating Sauce
- ½ Onion sliced
- 3 clove Garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Mushroom Seasoning Powder
- 1 cup Mushroom Champignon
- ½ cup Cooking Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 clove Garlic
- ½ Onion
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Mushroom Seasoning
- ½ tsp Italian Herbs
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
In a mixing bowl, combine all the BBQMarinating sauce ingredients until well combined. Add chicken and coat it well with the marinating sauce, then marinate for at least 30 minutes.
In a pan over medium heat, melt unsalted butter then saute garlic, onion, and mushroom until fragrant. Add cooking cream and milk then stir. Season it with salt, black pepper, sugar, mushroom seasoning, italian herbs, and nutmeg. Cook and stir until well combined and the sauce is thickened. Turn off the heat and set aside.
In another pan, grill the marinated chicken thigh fillet. Occasionally brushing it with the remaining marinade sauce and cook until both side of the chicken is cooked.
Place the chicken steak into a plate then pour mushroom sauce over the steak. Serve the chicken steak with boiled vegetable mix and french fries. The chicken steak with mushroom sauce are ready to serve. Enjoy!