Try this Beef Bulgogi Sandwich, a combination between an American sandwich and Korean beef bulgogi style added with veggies. Tasty and quick for a busy week! It was beyond amazing. The combination of sweet and savory make it so mouthwatering
It was beyond amazing. The combination of smooth ground beef, fresh veggie, sweet and savory bulgogi sauce on a crusty bread make a delicious sandwich make it so mouthwatering. Possibly my new favorite sandwich!
Why you’ll love it
First and foremost, let’s dive into the origins of the term “bulgogi,” which translates to “fire meat” in Korean. This dish features marinated meat that is typically grilled or cooked on a flat surface, resulting in an explosion of flavors. Moreover, when it comes to obtaining the key ingredient, Bulgogi sauce, it’s a breeze to find at Asian markets.
Of course, no sandwich is truly complete without its accompanying sauces, and the Bulgogi Beef Sandwich is no exception. In fact, the star of the show is the bulgogi sauce itself. This exquisite sauce works wonders by enhancing the taste and adding complexity to the tender beef.
Moving on to the supporting cast, the choice of bread plays a crucial role in creating the perfect sandwich sensation. It’s simultaneously offering a delightful contrast in texture.
To further enhance the delightful ensemble, a medley of fresh vegetables is introduced to the sandwich. Crisp lettuce, mushrooms, and thinly sliced onions lend a refreshing crunch, while vibrant bell peppers add a burst of color. This harmonious combination of textures and flavors creates a symphony of taste that adds depth and balance to every bite.
Ultimately, the Bulgogi Beef Sandwich beautifully unite the fusion of Korean cuisine with Western culinary traditions. Brace yourself to fall head over heels with each and every bite.
Easy meal option for a Busy week
Moreover, school time it’s already near. This recipe just really a game changer for me as a working mom, meanwhile keeps my kid to eat regular and of course, tasty. It’s perfect for breakfast and you can put in his lunch box to for snack or lunch time. Easy and simple to make. If your kid bored with a plain hotdog sandwich, Just try to make this recipe at home. Besides, I put a lot of veggies here to, so it’s also healthy!
So, let’s jump to the recipe
Ingredients of Bulgogi Beef Sandwich
- Hot Dog Bun: serves as the base and container for the beef bulgogi filling. It provides a soft and slightly toasted structure to hold all the ingredients together. Here, I use The white bread classic hot dog, but you can use anything you already have in your kitchen
- Ground Beef: Ground beef is the main protein component of the dish. It adds richness and flavor to the filling, while its texture complements the other ingredients.
- Onion: The sliced onion adds a mild sweetness and a subtle crunch to the filling. So, It enhances the overall flavor profile and provides a nice contrast in texture.
- Garlic: Minced garlic contributes a strong and aromatic flavor to the dish
- Champignon Mushroom: to complement the beef and other ingredients in the filling.
- Green Bell Pepper: For filling, It adds a touch of sweetness and contributes to the overall flavor balance.
- Bulgogi Sauce: Bulgogi sauce is a key ingredient in Korean cuisine, typically made with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, and other seasonings. Therefore, it brings the distinctive sweet and savory flavors of bulgogi to the filling.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Worcestershire sauce adds a tangy and savory taste to the dish
- Salt and Black Pepper: as a basic seasoning
- Butter: Butter is used to cook the beef bulgogi filling. It adds richness and helps to brown the ingredients, enhancing the overall flavor.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella cheese adds a creamy and gooey texture to the filling. So, It melts and binds the ingredients together, providing a delightful cheesy element.
- Lettuce: Sliced lettuce adds freshness and a crispy texture to the sandwich, Basically, It provides a refreshing contrast to the warm and savory filling.
- Oil: I use cooking Oil for cooking the beef bulgogi filling
Instructions to Make Bulgogi Beef Sandwich
To prepare the yummy tasty bulgogi beef sandwich, start by cutting the hot dog bun using a bread knife with a serrated edge. Slice through the middle of the bun to create a pocket.
Then, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the ground beef and cook it until it browns, using a spatula to break it up into smaller pieces. If there is excess fat, drain it from the skillet.
Next, introduce the sliced onion, minced garlic, champignon mushrooms, and green bell pepper to the skillet. Sauté them for a few minutes, allowing the vegetables to soften and release their flavors.
Now, it’s time to infuse the dish with delightful seasonings. Stir in the bulgogi sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper, ensuring that all the ingredients are evenly coated. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, giving the flavors a chance to meld together.
To add a touch of richness, incorporate butter into the skillet. Stir it until melted, coating the ingredients with its rich and buttery essence.
After that, For an extra layer of indulgence, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the beef bulgogi filling. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt until it becomes beautifully bubbly, enveloping the mixture in gooey goodness.
The gooey texture and creamy flavor of the melted cheese will take this sandwich to new heights.
Meanwhile, prepare the bun for its delicious filling. Layer crisp and refreshing lettuce slices inside the bun, providing a delightful crunch and a vibrant green backdrop for the bold flavors to come.
Sandwich is ready
Last step almost final! it’s time to assemble the masterpiece. Spoon the cheese bulgogi beef mixture generously into the bun, ensuring that every bite will be packed with savory goodness and cheesy decadence.
And finally, there you have it! The cheese bulgogi beef sandwich is now complete, ready to be savored, and enjoyed. Each mouthwatering bite will bring together the perfect blend of textures and flavors. So, take a moment to appreciate the delightful combination before taking that first satisfying bite. Indulge in the harmony of cheese, bulgogi beef, and fresh lettuce. Bon appétit!
- If you want your hotdog bun still crispy texture at the time you’re eating, you can toast the bun in the last step cooking process, after everything is ready
- For an alternative, try to change the ground beef into slice beef, based on my experience, the ground beef makes a little bit tricky for inserting into the bun and a messier.
- Last, If you want spicy flavor, you can add chili powder, but Gochujang paste will also work very well with bulgogi sauce
For cooking videos, check out and subscribe to our Youtube page. you can join our email for the latest idea menus.
Other Breakfast Options for Busy Weeks:
Thank you, your supports are so much appreciated 💕
Written by Silni Asfia
Bulgogi Beef Sandwich
- 4 Hot Dog Bun
- ½ lb Ground Beef
- ½ Onion slice
- 2 clove Garlic mince
- ½ cup Champignon Mushroom
- ½ Green Bell Pepper
- 3 tbsp Bulgogi Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ⅓ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Lettuce slice
- 2 tbsp Oil
Cut the hot dog bun using a bread knife with a serrated edge in the middle of the bun. Spread butter inside the bun then toast it briefly. Then set aside.
Heat a pan with a little oil, then sauté onions, garlic, and green bell peppers until fragrant. Add minced beef, bulgogi sauce, worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Add mozzarella cheese, then stir until well combined.
Add lettuce slices into the bun, then top it with the bulgogi beef mixture. The cheese bulgogi beef sandwich is ready to serve. Enjoy!