Make a delicious crab and corn soup in just 15 minutes with this super simple recipe yet turns out very creamy and tasty. The combination of sweet corn and crab stick is sure to be a family favorite. Serve as an appetizer or as a quick dinner! the thickest are the best slurpy and most filling to our stomachs.
This crab and corn soup is a dish that serves in most Chinese Restaurants. Dive into a bowl of rich and velvety crab and corn soup—a medley of succulent crabstick and sweet corn kernels. the sweetness of the crab and corn pair very nicely. Also, serve the soup with something simple, such as grilled bread, or steamed veggies such as carrots or celery sticks.
Additionally, this is great if you love seafood thingy and want something that’s incredibly filling and satisfying. The marriage of crab and corn is so wonderful, and the flavors of the soup will explode in your mouth. Be ready, whether you’re making this for a family dinner or to impress your friends, it’s a wonderful idea for any and every occasion, mostly on perfect rainy hazy days, during the winter season.
Learn how to create this gourmet delight with our easy-to-follow recipe and elevate your culinary prowess.
Perfect for Rainy Hazy days
Recently, here in Indonesia, specifically in Jakarta, we are the most polluted city in the world. It’s not just a piece of sad information but also a shame for this country. Moreover, many children and elder people have breathing infections or ISPA.
To be honest, that is so sad to see many children mostly having the same symptoms, such as cough, fever, hard to breathe, and kind of flu. On a big note, It should be a warning and a huge lesson for government to make air clear again.
I saw some threads on Twitter of people taking pictures of the sky in Jakarta. It’s like we live in two layers of sky, first, one is really hazy, dark, and greyish sky, feels like there are no clouds at all because of the pollution.
Meanwhile, after reaching some height from the plane or some altitude it’s become beautiful again. It is highly suggested to use an air purifier at home and close all the windows or way of fresh come in. Lastly, I hope we find the best solutions for this because this world is our children’s future.
Oh Wow! I think that’s too long for ranting, sorry for ranting here and out of the topic from culinary one lol, alright to cure some sadness and illness, this crab and corn soup will heal, feel the slurpy sensation while filling a meal as thick as the texture of the soup, make sure to make it one beside easy it is very quick, I swear!
What You Need for Crab and Corn Soup
- Cornstarch; Cornstarch acts as a thickening agent in the soup. It creates a smooth and velvety texture by binding the liquids together and giving the soup a consistent body. You can change cornstarch with milk for a more creamy taste
- Egg; adds a rich flavor and silky texture, they form delicate ribbons that enhance the overall creaminess
- Corn; whole-kernel corn, I peeled them manually from fresh corn
- Crab Stick; Crab sticks provide the seafood flavor to the soup. They add a mild crab taste and a chewy texture that mimics real crab meat. you can use fresh crab meat too, since I use what I have in my kitchen
- Onion and Garlic; for the aromatic base flavor
- Chicken Stock Powder; for base flavor and adding a savory umami taste, Chicken stock powder enhances the soup’s savory taste. It provides a concentrated chicken flavor that complements the seafood and balances the flavors in the dish.
- Spring Onion; serve as a colorful garnish, topped after the soup is ready
- Ginger; Ginger adds a subtle warmth and depth of flavor this will add a warm sensation to the throat and a mild spicy taste
- Salt, Soy Sauce, and Pepper; for seasoning and enhance flavor
- Sesame Oil; It’s usually added at the end to give the soup a fragrant finishing touch. For alternative, you can substitute with olive oil too, but I prefer sesame oil because it adds depth and nutty flavor plus it smells good when cooked
- Water; for making the crab stock or substitute with no-salt stock,
Let’s Make Crab and Corn Soup
Begin by preparing your ingredients. Chop the onion, garlic, spring onion, and ginger. Additionally, cut the crab stick into julienne strips. Set these components aside for the cooking process.
Heat a pan over medium heat and add cooking oil. Next, once the oil is heated, initiate the cooking journey by sautéing the finely chopped onion, garlic, spring onion, and ginger. Allow them to sizzle and release their fragrant aroma. This step provides the base flavors for your soup.
Next, add the crab stick and corn to the aromatic mixture in the pan. These ingredients will infuse the soup with delightful seafood and sweet flavors. Stir and let them dance together for approximately 3 minutes, ensuring an even distribution of flavors.
Now, it’s time to elevate the soup’s foundation. Pour in the water and gradually increase the heat to bring it to a gentle boil. As the liquid simmers, it becomes a canvas for the forthcoming flavors and textures.
Then, when the water reaches a lively boil, introduce the beaten eggs into the simmering liquid. As you stir, watch the eggs create delicate ribbons that seamlessly integrate into the soup. This step imparts a luxurious silkiness and adds visual appeal to the dish.
To enhance the soup’s savory character, introduce the chicken stock powder, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Incorporate these seasonings with purposeful stirring, ensuring that every drop of the broth embraces the flavors.
Now, it’s time to achieve the perfect consistency. Incorporate the cornstarch that’s been dissolved in water into the soup. As you stir diligently, the liquid will gradually transform, thickening into a luscious elixir that cradles the ingredients.
Finally, before presenting your masterpiece, shower it with the vibrant freshness of spring onion.
Your culinary journey is complete. With your senses ready to revel in the symphony of flavors, savor every spoonful of the rich and hearty crab and corn soup
I’m delighted to find an easy and delectable recipe like this! I hope you enjoy it as much as mine!
Lastly, For cooking videos, check out and subscribe to our Youtube page. you can join our email for the latest idea menus.
YOU MAY LIKE OTHER COMFORT-HOMEY FOODS:
More creamy meals;
Thank you, your supports are so much appreciated 💕
Written by Silni Asfia
Crab and Corn Soup
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 3 Egg
- 4 Crab Stick
- ½ cup Corn
- ½ Onion
- 2 clove Garlic
- ½ tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 cup Water
Chop onion, garlic, spring onion, and ginger. Cut the crab stick into a julienne cut. Set aside.
In a pan, heat cooking oil over medium heat, sauté chopped onion, garlic, spring onion, and ginger until fragrant. Add crab stick, and corn, cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
Pour a water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add beaten eggs and stir until well combined. Add chicken stock powder, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir again.
Pour in cornstarch dissolved in water. Stir well then cook until the sauce is thickens slightly. Turn off the heat then place the crab corn soup to a bowl then garnish it with spring onion before serving. Enjoy!