Garlic shrimp fried rice is my ultimate food for a busy morning, takes less than 30 minutes and effortlessly amazing garlic butter shrimp mixed with fluffy, perfectly cooked rice. It’s a quick, easy, and incredibly delicious meal! My kid’s all-time favorite food
All I got in my fridge
What do mama’s out there usually do when you have a little time in the morning a.k.a in a hurry but want to make sure your kid had breakfast before school? That’s right making them fried rice from leftover rice last night. I guarantee this is so easy, less than 30 minutes to cook, and adding shrimp will make them healthy, adding protein, and tasty.
Not being dramatic, but every time I make this garlic shrimp fried rice, my kid really loves it. It’s such a win solution for a busy morning.
Moreover, to make this recipe, I bet all the ingredients you have on the fridge, You can change the shrimp into another protein you have/ you like such as chicken, beef, salmon, fish, tofu, or even mushroom.
I know most of you make this recipe for dinner or a busy day. But not here in Indonesia, there is such a habit that people will not be called already having breakfast if not consume rice yet. For example, even if you had your pasta, you are still called not having breakfast. It’s weird but it already become a habit for me, sometimes lol.
Since I still have shrimp for my parent gift from beach, So I don’t need go to groceries to buy other ingredients. So, today recipe is I cook based All I got in my fridge lol.
Shall we begin this easy and super tasty recipe?
Ingredients of Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried Rice
Garlic butter shrimp
- Shrimp; I use leftover shrimp in my freezer and thawed it before. Tips; Do not use hot or warm water! This is tempting to speed up the defrosting process. Unfortunately, This will mess up the shrimp as it will start to cook on the outside. However, if you wanted to, you could totally add chicken, sausage, and other seafood to this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper; to enhance the taste
- Paprika powder; make shrimp prettier with red color, Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best taste. For marinating and omit the fishy smells
- Lemon juice; Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best taste. For marinating and omit the fishy smells
- Butter; I use unsalted butter to control the amount of sodium in my dishes, and butter uses for cooking shrimp. I think butter + shrimp = bomb
- Garlic; Infuse the butter with a robust, aromatic flavor, creating a delicious and fragrant sauce for the shrimp and rice.
- Onion; adds a savory and slightly sweet taste to the garlic butter sauce.
- Rice; The #1 tip for making the best-fried rice is to start with COLD, leftover rice. Do not use freshly cooked rice! Leftover yesterday’s rice,
- Eggs The eggs add a nice texture to the shrimp fried rice, and this recipe calls for four eggs to add to the dish’s protein content.
- Chicken powder; powder adds a savory and umami taste to the fried rice, enhancing its overall flavor and making it more appetizing.
- Fish sauce Fish s you can change to oyster sauce or soy sauce. sauce provides a distinctive umami flavor to the fried rice, adding complexity and depth to the dish.
- Black pepper; adds a mild spiciness and warmth to the fried rice, complementing the other flavors in the dish.
- Salt; basic seasoning, make sure just a pinch of salt,
In conclusion, this Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is a delightful fusion of succulent shrimp, aromatic garlic butter, and flavorful rice. This Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried Rice is a true crowd-pleaser, promising to delight your taste buds and become a favorite go-to recipe for a quick and satisfying meal. Enjoy the delectable blend of garlic, butter, and shrimp with each mouthful of perfectly seasoned fried rice!
Steps to Make Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried Rice
Marinate the Shrimp
In a bowl, marinate the shrimp with a generous pinch of salt, a dash of white pepper, a sprinkle of paprika powder, and a refreshing squeeze of lemon juice. Gently toss the shrimp to coat them evenly with the flavorful marinade. Allow the shrimp to sit and soak in the delectable flavors for 15 minutes. This marination process ensures that the shrimp absorbs the delightful seasoning, enhancing their taste and tenderness.
Prepare the Rice Mixture
There are two types of mixing eggs feel free what do you usually use, first you can cook the egg first, then insert the rice into the skillet, or you can mix the egg with rice in a bowl then cook them together. I chose the second step so the rice is seasoned and coated by egg evenly.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until well combined. Add the chicken powder, another pinch of white pepper, a dash of fish sauce, and a touch of salt. Whisk the mixture thoroughly, creating a seasoned blend that will infuse the rice with a symphony of savory goodness. Add the cooked rice to the seasoned egg mixture and stir until the rice is evenly coated, embracing the flavors of the eggs and seasonings.
Cook the Shrimp
Next, In a large skillet or wok, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter starts sizzling, add the chopped garlic and sliced onion, sautéing them until they release their irresistible aroma and turn golden. As the kitchen fills with the alluring scent of garlic and onions, add the marinated shrimp to the pan, cooking them until they become perfectly cooked and take on a tantalizing reddish hue.
After the shrimp turn to reddish color and are cooked, gently add the rice to the cooked shrimp. Keep stirring and tossing until the rice and shrimp blend harmoniously, becoming a delightful medley of flavors.
As the fried rice comes together, add a final touch of perfection. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and white pepper over the rice, ensuring it is well seasoned. Continue to sauté the rice until it is evenly cooked, with every grain infused with the luscious flavors of the garlic butter and shrimp. I wish you were here to smell the tempting aroma
Garnish and Serve
For the final step, with the Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried Rice now fully cooked and brimming with flavors, it’s time to add a finishing touch.
Sprinkle the fragrant fried rice with freshly chopped parsley, adding a burst of vibrant green and a subtle herbal note to the dish.
In a hurry? try these breakfast options
Sharing is a sign of love
If you enjoy or recook this recipe,
For cooking videos, check out and subscribe to our Youtube page. Feel free to join our email for the latest idea menus
Lastly, thank you, your supports are so much appreciated💕
Written by: Silni Asfia
Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried Rice
Garlic butter shrimp
- 0.5 lb shrimp
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic (chop)
- 1/4 onion (slice)
- 2 cup of rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tbsp chicken powder
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
Marinate the shrimp with salt, white pepper, paprika powder, and lemon juice. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Set aside.
Whisk the eggs, add chicken powder, white pepper, fish sauce, and a little salt.
Add the rice and stir until well mixed.
Melt the butter, add the chopped garlic, and onion then cook the shrimp until cooked and reddish in color.
Add the rice mixture and cook until evenly cooked. Then add pinch of salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.