Savor the crunch! Our Pepper cheese chicken wings are the perfect crispy crowd-pleasing wings for game day or any day of the week! They’re tossed in a fresh little spicy kick of pepper and plenty cheesy of Parmesan! This recipe will have you licking your fingers and coming back for more!
I love crispy chicken wings, there’s just something so satisfying about that first bite and hearing the sound of the crunch of the chicken wing with dry rub. I can’t even remember how many wings I’ve eaten together!
Party food and Resignation Food
Yes, you read the section title correctly. Doesn’t it feel a little unusual? Well, I believe everyone must be familiar with the fact that chicken wings are the perfect choice for party food, especially on game days. They’re excellent for sharing, making it easy for everyone to enjoy, and are undoubtedly a crowd-pleaser! With their small portions, they make a great option for appetizers or snacking.
Now, you might be wondering about chicken wings as “resignation food.” What does that mean? You know, when you resign from an office or company, in Indonesia, where people are well-known for their humility, there’s a tradition of giving a goodbye snack or “resignation food.” Usually, it’s donuts or a cake, but recently, chicken wings with party-sized portions have become popular too. They’re versatile, perfect for sharing, and are a time and money-saving option (considering that chicken wings are often more affordable than other types of chicken). So, it’s a win-win solution.
However, it’s entirely optional to give food as your farewell gesture. As long as you’re happy with your choice and are aware of the potential implications, it doesn’t really matter! You do you.
Now, let’s find the full recipe below for making the best chicken wings for the next big game! These crispy, golden, and finger-licking-good pepper and cheese chicken wings are sure to be the best you’ve ever made!
Ingredients of Pepper Cheese Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings; I like to buy the “party wings” because these are already cut by the butcher to separate the wingette (flat) and the drumette. You can alternatively buy whole chicken wings and then will need to cut them into three parts (tip, wingette, drumette) and discard the wing tips. I like to cut the wings into two parts for a more crunchy texture. Use flats, drummettes, or a mixture of both. Skin-on chicken wings for the crispiest results.
- All Purpose Flour; for making wet and dry coating chicken wings, This will give the wings an amazing crunch when fried
- Cornstarch; You can substitute it for more all-purpose flour.
- Water; for making wet coating, you can use cold water too.
- Parmesan Cheese; Always use freshly grated parmesan cheese as it tastes better, melts better, and sticks onto the wings better, too. However, grated Parmesan cheese is also great.
- Black pepper seeds crushed; The crushed black pepper provides a spicy kick, balancing the richness of other ingredients. Use fresh black pepper if it possible, because it will add more aroma A little goes a long way.
- Seasoning here I use Mushroom powder; for adding a savory taste, Garlic powder, Salt, and Black pepper powder; all of those are for adding a subtle and savory profile taste, This will help bring out all the flavor. feel free to adjust based on your preference.
- Lemon juice; Fresh lemon juice brightens the wings and adds an acidic flavor, plus it adds a nice garnish. You can also use lime juice for more tang
- Vegetable oil; for frying chicken wings, for frying methods, you can air-fry or bake the chicken too.
How to make Pepper Cheese Chicken Wings
Step 1: Marinate
Begin by marinating the chicken with a zesty blend of lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and ¼ tsp of garlic powder. Allow the chicken to rest for a minimum 15 minutes to absorb the vibrant flavors.
Step 2: Coating
For the coating process, prepare both wet and dry mixtures.
First, In the wet coating, combine 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour with water, ¼ tsp of garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Simultaneously, in the dry coating, mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour with cornstarch, salt, and black pepper.
After marinating time is done, coat the chicken first in the dry mixture, then the wet mixture, and finally back into the dry coating. Repeat this process for each chicken piece.
Step 3: Frying Chicken Wings
Next, heat a pan and add oil, ensuring it reaches an optimal temperature. Carefully fry the coated chicken until it achieves a delectable golden brown color. Once done, transfer the fried chicken to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Step 4: Make Pepper Cheese Dry Rub
Then, in a medium-sized bowl, craft a tantalizing pepper cheese dry rub by combining Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, crushed black pepper, and mushroom powder. Stir the ingredients until a harmonious blend is achieved.
Step 5: Assemble and Serve
Now come to the last step, take each fried chicken piece and introduce it, into the bowl containing the pepper cheese dry rub. Stir meticulously, ensuring every surface is coated with the flavorful seasoning.
Finally, Your mouthwatering creation Pepper and Cheese Chicken wings is now ready to be served alongside your preferred dipping sauce! Enjoy
Interested in cooking this recipe?
For cooking videos, please check out and subscribe to our Youtube page. you can join our email for the latest idea menus. I love to hear your thoughts
Thank you, your supports are so much appreciated 💕
SEE OTHER FRIED CHICKEN VARIATIONS:
Pepper Cheese Wings
- 1 lb Chicken wings cut into 2 pieces
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅛ cup Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Water
- 4½ tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp Blackpepper seeds crushed
- ¾ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Blackpepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and ¼ tsp of garlic powder. Let it set for 15 minutes.
Wet coating: Mix 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour with water, ¼ tsp of garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Dry coating: Combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, and black pepper.
After marinating, coat the chicken in the dry coating, then in the wet coating, and finally back into the dry coating. Repeat this step for all the chicken pieces.
Heat a pan and add oil, then heat it up.
Fry the chicken until it turns golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, crushed black pepper, and mushroom powder. Stir until well combined
Place the fried chicken pieces one by one into the bowl. Stir until all surfaces are covered with the seasoning.
Ready to serve with your favorite dipping sauce!